Craft Beer & Cheese ‘Hoppy Hour’
Tuesday 2/21 5:30 – 8 p.m. $15
Join me for an informal beer & cheese pairing in honor of AZ Beer Week. The tasting features four six ounce glasses of Four Peaks Brewing brews paired with four handcrafted American cheeses. Learn more about the magic of pairing beer and cheese. Enhance your cheese pairing savvy with tasting tips and expert cheese service courtesy of Cheese Chick Christine Hyatt of Roving Cheesemonger.
- Hop Knot IPA with peppercorn goat cheese from local favorite Crow’s Dairy, Buckeye, AZ.
- The Raj IPA with Beecher’s Flagship Reserve, Seattle, WA
- Kilt Lifter Scottish Ale with Pleasant Ridge Reserve from Uplands Cheese, Dodgeville, Wisconsin
- Seasonal Stout with Mt. Tam from Cowgirl Creamery, Point Reyes Station, CA
Beer and cheese are great partners for a couple of reasons:
- The malty sweetness of the beer embraces the rich, buttery notes of cheese.
- Scrubbing bubbles in beer cleanse the palate and leave you craving another bite.
- Unlike wine which can be high in cheese-clashing tannins, beer balances malty sweet and hoppy bitter notes that complement cheese.
Come try these tasty pairings and see for yourself!