Let’s face it, cheese is the starring ingredient in the Grilled Cheese sandwich. If you use exceptional cheese, you’re gonna create something fantastic.
I’m thrilled to be able to connect eight top local chefs with some of America’s finest handcrafted cheeses for this guaranteed-tasty event as they vie for the title of “Best Grilled Cheese” at the Grilled Cheese Throwdown on Sunday, February 26 from 4 – 7 p.m. at the uber-hip Hotel Valley Ho Sands Conference Center (formerly Trader Vics).
Here’s the match up:
- Graham Blair of Brittlebush Bar & Grill at the Westin Kierland with Rogue Chocolate Stout Cheddar from Rogue Creamery in Oregon.
- Mike Bouwens of 5th & Wine (the reigning Mac & Cheese Throwdown Champ) with Promontory from Beehive Cheese in Utah.
- Shantal Case of Carte Blanche Gourmet with Toma and Original Blue from Point Reyes Farmstead Cheese in California.
- Chris Constantino of Constantino’s Kitchen with Mezzaluna Fontina from RothKase in Wisconsin.
- Sean Currid of Zuzu at the Hotel Valley Ho with Mezzaluna Fontina from RothKase in Wisconsin.
- Slade Grove of Slade Grove Creative Gourmet with Midnight Moon Goat Gouda from Cypress Grove Chevre in California.
- Elizabeth Meinz of Orange Table with St. Mary’s Grassfed Gouda from Caves of Faribault in Minnesota.
- Tony Morales of Desert Smoke Barbecue with a cheese tri-fecta Grand Cru Gruyere, Rofumo and Vintage Van Gough Goua from RothKase in Wisconsin.
$20 scores you tickets to Grilled Cheese nirvana to pair with drink specials all afternoon. Tickets sold out weeks in advance of the October Mac & Cheese event so don’t delay.
What’s in that tasty photo? Crispy Grilled Cheese and Veggies with Rosemary Cheddar. Here’s the recipe.